Saturday, September 3, 2011

Introduction

This blog is about all of the different plates in my life. There are many plates, with duties that include; being a wife, daughter, sister, caregiver, friend, nurse, and patient. They are all full in varying degrees. One of the plates, is my actual meal plate, and it has always been too full. It is time to clean it up, make the portions smaller and wiser, and let it be my ally instead of my enemy. It will be paired with a new pouch, which is the name given to "new" stomach that the doctor give me when I have gastric bypass surgery in 18 days. I first started researching weight loss surgery about 8 years ago, while living in Florida.  Several different states and health insurances later, I finally have coverage for surgery. I am excited, scared, nervous, sad, happy, hopeful, and a million other feelings all at the same time...

No comments:

Post a Comment